|Benefits to Children
|Abacus education enhances progress in various abilities. Scientific analyses have demonstrated the effectiveness of abacus training in improving the following six abilities :
- Ability to concentrate (Concentration)
- Ability to visualize and to be inspired (Inspiration)
- Ability to memorize (Memorization)
- Ability to observe attentively (Insight)
- Ability to process information (Information processing)
- Ability to listen and read quickly (Speed reading and listening)
Using the Abacus also:
- Fosters a greater sense of numbers.
- Promotes Cooperation Between Left and Right Brain Structures
- Helps develop an intuitive understanding of numbers through their concrete representation.
- Fosters one's trust in the process of calculation by enabling one to observe it in action.
- Manifests the concept of decimal places and the progression of units by tens physically.
- Instantly accomplishes addition and subtraction when numbers are placed on the abacus.
- Helps in developing the beneficial qualities of concentration, patience and endurance.
- Develops mental calculation, which is the ultimate resource.
- Develops the right brain tremendously.
- Leads to greater mental capacity.
- Expresses large numbers simply and easily.
- Enhances problem solving capability
- Develops Fast Mental Calculation Skills
- Provides a sense of achievement as one's proficiency improves.